Scotch-Brite™ Paint Prep Scuff Hand Pad -
- Pad has fine mineral for very light cleaning
- Use with liquid detergents for wax mold deflashing, highlighting and top coat rubbing of wood, cleaning of porcelain, stainless steel, chrome, painted surfaces and glass
- Aluminum oxide mineral cuts fast to alleviate the level of manual pressure needed for an effective cut
- Nylon fibers replace steel wool, so abrasive won't rust and lasts longer
- Perforation allows for pad to easily tear into two convenient 4-1/2 inch x 6 inch pads
- A Very Fine Finish (VFN) performs similarly to wool grade 0 without the splintering
Our Scotch-Brite™ Paint Prep Scuff Hand Pad gives you a fast, consistent scuff for everyday surface preparation. It is ideal for cleaning parts and scuffing prior to staining and painting.
Good Steel Wool Alternative
Our Scotch-Brite™ Paint Prep Scuff Hand Pad combines very fine particles of aluminum oxide mineral and nylon fibers with cured resin. It's an excellent choice for projects that require pre-paint scuffing, finishing, contour finishing, blending and cleaning, because, like steel wool, it provides an aggressive cut and a clean finish without the rusting or splintering. Like an anti-aging stimulus, nylon fibers withstand repeated wear and contribute to the abrasive's longevity, possibly minimizing operating costs by reducing the need for replacements. Additionally, nylon fibers break down softly as compared to steel wool, which may spray wire filaments during sanding. With nylon fibers, the risk for injury or discomfort is reduced. As the nylon fibers break down during sanding, fresh mineral is exposed to ensure a consistent cut and a uniform scratch pattern, so paint or stain will evenly adhere to the surface.